Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Broken Ring


I have been wearing this ring for almost 5 years and it broke into two pieces this afternoon...so sad...

The ring was given by my grandma "technically". I remembered I quickly went to this shop and bought this ring after my grandma passed me some pocket money. I just loved this ring because that's something that can remind me of my dearly loved grandma.

Before my grandma closed her eyes she passed me the necklace I gave her as mother's day gift - a crystal cross. My mum told me that she loved it so much that she didn't even look at my other auntie's gifts like big diamond. I was shopping for mother's day gift and suddenly God spoke to me - "Get this for your grandma! She will love it". And God himself was so real that my grandma really loved it and till the end of her time she still had it on her neck. And now it came back to me. Whenever I look at the cross, I thank God for His grace on my grandma who gave her extra 11 years to live. She believed God would heal her till the last moment. And now she is happily staying with our heavenly father forever and ever.

Humm... Should I get a new ring?

1 comment:

Chong-Yee said...

It would not be the same if you get another ring to replace it :) I would either fix this ring or embed the two bits together in a clear resin and make a pendant.

get a ring for another memorable occasion ;)